Thursday, August 23, 2012

Time-Critical Message - Merger

Hello OPER8 Reviews Team,

I wanted to relay this message to all of you before it reaches the press. OPER8 Reviews has been acquired by a company in a horizontal market. I say a horizontal market because they do not necessarily perform the work we do - as a matter fact few do and do it so well. The company can benefit from the talents that we bring to the table and I hope by merging we can make both companies more successful as one.

By my previous statement you can probably tell that I am excited about the merger. I understand that a few of you may be worrying about your jobs at this moment, but rest-assured, the company acquired us for what we bring to the table and the skills that each person offers. I did not want you to hear this in the news first and due to restrictions I cannot yet reveal who the parent company is. More details will follow and you will receive every piece of information as soon as possible. I did not want you to worry because propaganda does have a way of reaching media sources. I wanted you to hear it from me first, as opposed to you local news station.

I have been assured by the leadership of the parent company that they do not want to hinder our success, but rather integrate the best of what we offer into their business model. They know that they can become more successful by learning from our core competencies.

I cannot guarantee that things will not change, but I can guarantee that if you continue to offer your best, we will see positive changes and greater levels of success.

Sincerely,
Your dedicated CEO

2 comments:

  1. As an employee of OPER8 I would have preferred to have had this communication in person. This message came as quite a shock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply. I wanted to see what sort of feedback I would receive on this. Ideally, I agree with you, leaders should deliver these messages in person. The difficulty I had with this was, what if the company is dispersed to the point where a face-to-face is not feasible? News about mergers and acquisitions travel fast, news media could grab a hold of it, and propogate rumors damaging employee-leader relationships. Any suggestions?

      Delete