Monday, August 6, 2012

Working toward Creating a Shared Vision (Internal Employees)

Hello,

People have a common perception that their work life and their personal life should be separate. I agree with a portion of this idea, but not in its entirety. People bring their personal life to work with them and vice versa. We treat the matter as if we were two people, living two separate lives. In an effort to create a more realistic work-life balance, I want to create an area where we can share our success at work and our successes or enjoyment in each of our personal lives. We can only be one person and I want each and every employee to be the best person they can be professionally. Most importantly, I want people to get the most enjoyment they can out of life and be the person they can be personally.

In effort to start this "life sharing" - in all aspects - please post a comment/picture about something you enjoyed recently in your personal life or a fun story in relation to work.

I'll start this off. I went to a concert this past weekend at Golden Gate Park called Outside Lands. If you are a fan of Norah Jones you will recognize her on stage.



Remember to have fun and get the best out of your personal life, so you can bring your best to work everyday.

Thank you

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy,

    Having fun keeps us happy and more balanced, so why shouldn't it carry over into our workplace? Having fun on my time away from work is a high priority.

    My most recent example is going to an amusement park with my family when it was 97 degrees and crowded. I had taken 1 day off work. I could already hear my kids complaining about the long lines and heat and frankly wasn't too thrilled about it myself. So I found a wonderful "product" call FAST LANE PASS that I could purchase online the night before. This pass would allow us to go to the front of the line each time. Yes, it was pricey but I believe it was the best investment I could have made for that day. We went home happy and thrilled to have gone on so many roller coasters. My kids felt like rock stars or VIP's.

    When the next day came to go to work, I was unusually refreshed and re-energized. This would not have been the case had I not spent the $35 a piece for the FAST LANE PASSes!

    Thanks for reading my comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the story. I am familiar with the FAST PASS and also reccomend purchasing one for any amusement park trip - if available.

      I like your comment, "Having fun keeps us happy and more balanced..." I appreciate your comment on my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Jeremy, I recently purchased an iphone and not only is it aesthetically pleasing and easy to use for my own life - I also use it for work. I travel a lot for work, and my GPS system is from 2009, but there are times when traveling to certain businesses and manufacturing plants that the address I have been given cannot be found by my GPS. So what do I do, I use my iphone Google map option to find the location. In the last three months I have used the iphone at least ten times to find a location. I am happy that the iphone serves my personal life as well as my work life quite nicely. Take care Jeremy - I like the idea of thinking about how the products and services we buy can better serve our needs in life. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete